author: Aneta Nováková
Sweet delicacy to honour great virtue and flavour
(by a Radziwiłł chef)
|20ml lemon juice||100g sugar|
|100g lemon peels||cloves|
- Take a little pot, pour sougar into it and add water.
- Boil till it becomes thick (caramelizes).
- Squeeze lemon juice into a bowl. Cut lemon peels into small pieces.
- Pour lemon peels into the pot with caramelized sugar and stir.
- Pour lemon juice and add cloves, stir properly again.
- Pour into small cups or small glass jars and serve.
|2 tbsp. sunflower oil||250ml milk|
|1 egg||40g sugar|
|2 tbsp. rum||250g white flour|
|30g yeast||plum jam|
- Prepare leaven – for that, you need: yeast, 1/3 lukewarm milk, 1 spoon of sugar and 2 spoons of white flour.
- Mix remaining flour and salt.
- Add sugar, egg, rum, leaven and oil into the flour.
- Stir these ingredients with a wooden spoon in a bowl until you make dough.
- Once done, cover the dough in the bowl with a dishtowel.
- Put the bowl in a warm place and wait about 15 minutes until the dough rises.
- Work up the dough and put it on a desk sprinkled with flour.
- Roll the dough on the desk, it has to be about 2 cm thick.
- Carve cicles (e.g. with glass) from the dough about 6 cm big. Let them rise for a while.
- Enlarge the circles and make a small pit in each of them.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the doughnuts on both sides until they turn gold.
- In the end, you can put plum jam on the doughnuts and immediately serve.
Apple-berry-balls served with ice cream
(the personal favourite of August the Strong)
|light beer||little wine berries|
- Mix eggs, beer and flour to get a nice thick dough.
- Cut apples and a hand of wine berries and add them to the dough.
- Finally, divide the dough into small parts and heat it in hot lard.
Fish fried au gratin with three grains
|350g filleted fish||5g rosemary|
|50g anchovy paste||3g thyme|
|20g dry bread crust (coarse grains)||1g red pepper|
|20g pistachios||30g butter|
|20g pine nuts||2g salt|
- Fillet the fish well from any bones.
- Spread it lightly with anchovy paste.
- Grind pistachios, pine nuts, herbs and pepper and add it to bread crust.
- Top the fish fillets with the grinded grains.
- Brown the fillets in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the fillets in oven at 180°C.
- Season with a bit of extra virgin olive oil.